November 27, 2010

Mmm, raisins.

My sister and I were diligantly cleaning the house yesterday, sweeping, spraying noxious chemicals in the bathroom, collecting stray socks (Addy, our dumb dog likes to carry them around). We decided to clean underneath the desk in the living room where things are often stuffed when the house needs to get 'clean' fast.



She swept her hand underneath, feeling around and pulling out old papers and chopsticks when something black rolled out. Fascinated, sister picked it up and held it to her face.

"What is it?" She said as Addy strolled over and sat down beside me, also gazing wide-eyed at the unidentified object.



"Wait... EW! It's an old grape!" And with that she threw it onto my lap.



The grape was really more of a giant shriveled raisin, but it was hairy and I didn't want to touch it. How long had it been lying there? Days, weeks, months?

Luckily for me, dumb dog extended her neck and plucked the little fruit off my lap.

"NOM NOM NOM"



And like that... it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment