November 21, 2010

Alohomora!

I am a big Harry Potter fan. Sometimes I feel like a sacrilegious git for liking it so much, but the truth is I'd have a hard time stopping.

When I first read the Deathly Hallows, I was sorely infuriated with the epilogue. I wanted to rip and tear the book apart, burn it in the fireplace then scatter its ashes in some abysmal garbage dump.

Of course, I did not. Then my collection wouldn't be complete, but I did cry out of pure rage. I didn't want Harry to be married. How was I supposed to dream about him falling for me if he was 30 or 40 years old?

YES

NO



Of course, I would have to turn him down for two reasons.
1. I have a boyfriend.
2. I do not dapple in the magical arts.

Sigh. I think that is the only time I was furious with JK Rowling.

Wait. That's a lie. I was pretty pissed when she killed Hedwig, Doby, Fred, and Moody.

Especially Fred...



No comments:

Post a Comment