September 27, 2010

New stuff can be annoying.

I'm not into most  'main stream' new music. Mostly because it's all about getting high in your mom's basement, having pre-marital sex, dry-humping, binging on alcohol, getting so drunk you can't figure out the name of the club you are in so you just dance...


I heard this new song by Usher. It's called DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love Again. There are three things that bother me about it.

1. The title. A DJ cannot make anyone 'fall in love'. What they can do is play music for you to dance to at a party/club/dance.

2. Fallin' isn't considered acceptable English and the "got us" part probably isn't either.

3. There's a line in this song which says, "I feel like a zombie gone back to life."I find it redundant. I personally would have liked the song more if Usher substituted corpse or cadaver for zombie. Zombie implies that someone has already been reanimated. It's like saying, "I feel like a dead person who has risen again and is breathing and has a fairly strong pulse... come back to life. Did I mention I'm alive, already?"



Ohkay. That's it. Here's a reward for reading.


I know. Disappointing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment